PandaDoc’s sales proposal software is popular with sales teams - but does it work for legal? Let’s look closer.
PandaDoc is an effective sales tool for getting proposals and quotes into the hands of customers. But does it have the advanced contract functionality that legal teams need to negotiate?
This page explores the features, limitations and pricing of PandaDoc in comparison to Juro’s all-in-one contract automation platform. Use the menu below to navigate this page.
Juro vs PandaDoc: feature comparison
|Rich media document editor||✅||✅|
|Natural language Q&A||❌||✅|
|eSignature with audit trail||✅||✅|
|Renewal reminders||Enterprise plans only||✅|
|Custom table views||❌||✅|
|Dedicated customer success manager||❌||✅|
|User access levels||Enterprise plans only||✅|
|Single sign-on||Enterprise plans only||✅|
|Google Drive integration||✅||✅|
|REST API & webhooks||Enterprise plans only||✅|
PandaDoc is much loved by sales teams, particularly for its cost-effective proposal capabilities and wide selection of CRM integrations. However, for legal teams, PandaDoc offers a frustrating experience when it comes to redlining and negotiating contracts, with users needing to take documents out of the platform in order to collaborate. This causes friction and a loss of control for legal teams, particularly compared to Juro's all-in-one contract automation platform.
Key pain points that users encounter with PandaDoc are:
- Inflexible workflows: review is limited and there's no in-platform negotiation - you have to download as a .doc, re-upload and hope it works🤞
- Awkward formatting: styling and formatting is often lost or compromised during the import/export process
- No advanced features for legal teams: key features like conditional logic, custom table views, real-time collaboration and a one-click contract timeline are missing
- Contract metadata isn't captured: audit trails for negotiation or collaboration aren't preserved and it's hard to search within contracts
- eSignature cost: signing documents requires you to buy extra licences and integrate an additional system, creating friction
For a deep set of features to help visionary legal counsel and the teams they enable to agree and manage contracts in one unified workspace, it's worth considering the benefits of an all-in-one contract automation platform.
⚡ Seamless in-browser collaboration and negotiation
If PandaDoc's inflexible workflows are causing friction, you can use Juro you can review and negotiate contracts without ever needing to leave the browser. Tag colleagues with mentions and collaborate in real time on the same document. Negotiate with counterparties in the document sidebar, and use Juro's timeline to scroll back and review previous versions with one click. And if Word is a must, simple export to Word and then bring your document back into the platform - with all its metadata safely preserved.
✍️ A beautiful editor custom-built for contracts
Juro's custom-built editor was created for contracts - not sales proposals. Built on J-SON, contracts are created as structured data, meaning they're searchable and machine-readable from day one. Juro's editor also has all the rich media features you could want to make your contracts accessible, attractive and inviting to counterparties - without compromising on robust legal security.
🚀 Built to help legal teams enable the business
Legal teams need features that go beyond signing sales proposals. In Juro you can:
- Use conditional logic to build fallback positions into your contract templates
- Build custom dashboards to manage your legal workflows
- Use an intuitive Kanban board to track tasks
Legal teams use Juro to enable colleagues to self-serve on routine contracts whilst staying in control, thanks to an all-in-one automation platform built to help visionary GCs enable the teams they support.
🤖 Powered by a flexible data layer
Contracts in Juro are created as structured data, which means that not just contracts but the elements within them are always searchable; audit trails and negotiation histories are easy to browse too. This data-first approach means that Juro can integrate easily not just with CRM software, but with key systems used by business teams, like Workday and Greenhouse. This makes it much easier to roll out a business-wide deployment, enabling multiple teams, rather than a solution that only works for sales teams.
🔐 Native, secure eSignature as standard
If your goal with contract automation is to simplify and accelerate your processes, then needing to buy extra licences for eSignature isn't going to help. Juro's native eSignature is secure, mobile-responsive and works on any device - reducing friction and making sure you only need one platform to manage your contracts. It's this simple👇
Securely eSign on any device with Juro's native eSignature.
Transparent pricing for scaling businesses
Juro offers flexible plans to suit any business - pick the plan that's right for you.
|✅ Template editor||✅ Everything in 'Lite'||✅ Everything in 'Team'|
|✅ Unlimited templates||✅ Unlimited contracts||✅ Single sign-on|
|✅ Internal commenting||✅ Approval workflows||✅ SAML|
|✅ In-browser negotiation||✅ Custom table views||✅ Bulk import|
|✅ Native eSignature||✅ OCR + data extraction||✅ Bulk actions|
|✅ Audit trails||✅ Analytics||✅ Salesforce integration|
|✅ Kanban dashboard||✅ CSV export||✅ Greenhouse integration|
|✅ Renewal reminders||✅ Dedicated customer success manager||✅ Workday integration|
|✅ Slack integration||✅ User access levels||✅ REST API|
|✅ GDrive integration||✅ Zapier integration||✅ Webhooks|
|✅ Company data integration|
Ready to replace several tools with an all-in-one contract automation platform? 👇
Read independent reviews
PandaDoc is rated on G2 with a score of ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.6/5) - slightly lower than Juro, and with 29 one to three-star reviews.
PandaDoc is rated on Capterra with a score of ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.5/5) - lower than Juro, and with 87 one to three-star reviews.
The below are verified reviews from this year (2021):
"Creating templates was not easy at all. It wasn't intuitive and I spent a lot of time correcting mistakes that I had made. I did not find the support service to be very helpful or responsive"
"There's no way to enable notification to another team member. Example: team member #1 creates/modifies forms, team member #2 works with signed documents. Team member #2 can't be notified of newly arrived docs"
"Once they identify you as a small business they no longer care about you or how you are doing with the software"
"There is no real sync happening between Salesforce and PandaDoc of anything meaningful"
Juro is top-rated on Capterra (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.8/5) and G2 (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.7/5), leading the category for Ease of Setup and Quality of Support, and with zero 1-3 star reviews on either platform.
"Juro has helped with the speed of contracting, saving the legal team time to allow them to focus on higher-risk deals. On the flip side, the Sales team feels they are in greater control of their contracts and have better visibility over the contracting process. The time to close a small business contract was reduced from 2-5 days to 0-2 days"
"Thanks to Juro, teams within our business can send out clear, well-drafted, beautifully designed commercial agreements that can be signed quickly. Crucially, all of this can be achieved with minimal input from our legal team"
"We've created a workflow that is scalable, quicker, automated and allows other teams to self-serve their contracts. For a small legal team this is essential and has saved us so much time"
"Easy to learn, intuitive user interface, anyone can use it without training. The Q&A function is amazing and let me as a legal person focus on contracts which actually require my expertise in drafting and negotiating. The future is here!"
"If you're looking for a simple to use, but powerful piece of contract management software that will have a tangible business impact, Juro is worth evaluating"
G2's direct comparison page rates Juro higher than PandaDoc in 6 out of 7 key areas, concluding that:
- Reviewers felt that Juro meets the needs of their business better than PandaDoc.
- When comparing quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that Juro is the preferred option.
- For feature updates and roadmaps, our reviewers preferred the direction of Juro over PandaDoc.
Frequently asked questions
Does Juro have native eSignature?
Yes. Native, secure, mobile-responsive eSignature is included in all Juro plans at no extra cost, without the need to integrate external solutions, and without the need to provision extra licences.
Will sales teams adopt Juro?
Yes. Juro's implementation takes an average of just 21 days, and its self-serve automation has been adopted by sales teams at fast-growth businesses like Trustpilot, Cazoo and Secret Escapes.
Does Juro integrate with key business systems?
Yes. Juro integrates with Salesforce, Slack, Workday, Greenhouse, Gmail, GDrive and Zapier, as well as shared drives and offering an open API / webhooks. Juro also offers company data integrations to make sure legal details are always accurate.
Which countries does Juro operate in?
Juro has powered more than 200,000 contracts for more than 1,000 companies in more than 65 countries, across Europe, the US, Latin America and Asia.
Who are Juro’s investors?
Juro is backed by:
- Union Square Ventures: the investors behind Twitter, Kickstarter and Coinbase.
- Point Nine Capital: the investors behind Zendesk, Revolut and Typeform.
- The founders of Indeed.com, Gumtree and Wise.
Can I import my contracts from another system?
Yes. Juro offers drag-and-drop import thanks to its AI-powered Contract Reader. You can also upload documents at scale with an accompanying CSV that automatically tags contracts with the right metadata. Alternatively if you have complex needs, we can manage the migration for you with flexible resource. Juro's customer success team can guide you through this process as part of our rapid implementation.
How can I get started with the switch to Juro?
Just talk to our commercial team to book a focused demo and find a plan that's right for you. Click here to book a demo.
PandaDoc alternatives: all-in-one contract automation
If PandaDoc isn't working out for you, and you need a solution that works for legal as well as sales, there are various alternatives that might be right for your business.
- DocuSign: as the leader in eSignature, DocuSign is a good choice for companies needing basic electronic signature functionality for PDFs. At scale, DocuSign's costs can escalate dramatically, but it offers a good first step to get PDFs signed somewhere.
- Contract lifecycle management: if you need to improve your contract process with legal teams in mind, there are established enterprise vendors that cater to large businesses, including SAP Ariba, Icertis and Agiloft. If you're looking for a traditional platform to handle legacy file formats, these could offer a good option. Browse them on G2 here.
- All-in-one contract automation: Juro's all-in-one platform will enable you to reduce several manual systems to just one, covering your lifecycle end-to-end and delivering self-serve automation, collaborative workflows and a data-rich repository for your contracts. Juro sees fast and growing adoption amongst both legal and sales teams. Typical implementation time is 21 days - and it's free to try.
If you'd like to explore the value that contract automation could create for your business, hit the button below to get in touch.